How to find and sell loans to other investors with direct sell
Portfolio Manager and Portfolio Pro is closed for new investments from 27 February 2023. If you invest using Portfolio Manager or Portfolio Pro, please note that the Secondary Market will remain open, and you’ll still receive loan payments from your portfolio. But you won’t be able to reinvest them into those two portfolios. However, you can transfer your portfolio to Go & Grow or Go & Grow Unlimited.
The direct sell feature lets you sell your loans directly to other investors. You can also bundle several loans together and sell an entire portfolio. This feature gives our investors the chance to find new investment opportunities, according to their preferences.
An investor may reach an agreement with another investor to sell their loans to them. In this case, the investors have already agreed on the terms of the sale before arranging the transaction. Then you simply use the direct sell feature to set up the sale.
How to sell directly to another investor
The direct sell option is very easy to use:
- On the Investments page, select which loan(s) you want to sell by clicking on the sales cart icon next to the loan(s) you want to sell,
- If you want to change the average discount/markup, you can do so in the percentage box.
- Once you are happy with the loans you've selected, press the "Sell all" button at the top.
- A popup box will ask if you want to sell the loans individually or as a single portfolio.
- You have to tick the 'Sell to a specific user' box and add the investor's username buying your selected loan(s) or portfolio.
- In this same popup, you'll see the total calculated expected income from the sale.
- Click Continue
- As a security measure, you will have to verify the sale by adding the PIN code sent to your registered email address.
- Click Confirm to complete the sale.
How to buy direct sale offers on the Secondary Market
If you're buying a direct sale from another investor, you can easily find the loan/portfolio on sale on the Secondary Market.
- Go to the Secondary Market page on your dashboard.
- Click the search icon, and select "Show offers meant for me". If this field is not already in the search pop-up, you can add it from the "Add more filters" button.
- Once selected, click on "Yes" from the dropdown box.
- Buying the direct offer is like the usually purchasing process. Select the offer by adding it to your cart and click "Buy."
You can learn more about selling loans on the Secondary Market, here.